SEO stands for “Search Engine Optimisation.” It aims at improving your site visibility when a consumer searches for a product or a service that is provided by you. It operates on multiple search engines such as Google, Bing or Yahoo!, in order for you website to flourish, you need to make sure it gains the attention of maximum number of searchers. Don’t worry, SEO does that work for you, it puts your site on top of the Google page, increasing the quantity of traffic.
Let’s break down the true meaning of SEO:
- Quality of traffic– It is important that the people who come to your site have a clear picture of the products that you offer. Quality traffic helps attract visitors who are genuinely interested in your product.
- Quantity of traffic– When you get the genuine visitors through SERPs (Search Engine Result pages) more traffic is better.
- Organic Traffic– This refers to any sort of traffic that you are not responsible to pay for, such as advertisements.
Better methods to improve business value
Gone are the days when a like button would determine the success of a business. Today, although paid, there are far better alternatives to invest in rather than preying on the number of likes.
- SEO Optimized promotional content – Generally, when users are looking for a product or service, they direct to a search engine. SEO-optimized content makes sure that a brand’s information or page or website is the first thing visible to a user, increasing the conversion rates.
- Paid advertisements – A Facebook post forms a part of a user’s news feed. Still, a paid advertisement on a website diverts a user’s attention specifically to a particular brand, enhancing impressions and eventually brand awareness.
- Website Traffic – Rather than obsessing over Facebook likes, it is better to add a link to a post that can redirect users to a dedicated website where the actual revenue will take place.
Types of SEO:
- On-page SEO– It helps the search engines analyse the type of information and content your website provides to the consumers, and if its relevant to what they are searching for.
- Technical SEO– The quality of your site improves the experience of the user. Technical SEO improves the structure and the foundation of your site so that it is for the readers. It further affects the engagement of consumers and traffic.
Some categories of its enhancement are listed below:
- Website security
- Management of the data and adding a structure to it
- Indexing the content
- Improving the speed and functioning of the site.
- Off-page SEO– This makes sure that the search engines realize that your website is from a trusted source, and provides decent and reputable information that the consumer can rely on.
The use of all these SEO types can improve your marketing strategy, by making your site appear on top of the search page and reflect quality in the structure of your site, the content provided by you and relevance of that information. The average cost per month for SEO stands between $2,000 to $5,500 for the best services.